The Community Assessments Committee works in the following areas:
- Promoting participation in the Healthy Youth Survey and raising awareness about Issaquah's Healthy Youth Survey results.
- Promoting awareness of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) research, and advocating the adoption of "trauma-informed" practices within the school district and community.
- Participating in and analyzing the result of an on-going Community Resources and Needs Assessment that identifies emerging trends among community youth.
- Ensuring that Healthy Youth Initiative activities are based in proven research and recent data.
- Distributing news about research related to healthy youth.